Metalminotti offers a complete range of high-conductivity Copper alloys for plastics Mold-making and Tooling. Their unique combination of high thermal conductivity, strength and hardness makes them superior to any other commonly used material. CuBe1, CuBe2 and their alternatives, Alloy 205 and Alloy 206( Beryllium free RWMA Class IV), find wide applications in the fabrication of inserts and tools for plastics injection, blow and extrusion molding, as well as for thermoforming.
Oustanding performances come from the employ of Metalminotti alloys in mold strategic locations, as cores and cavities, as well as for cooling, guiding and ejection applications. Molders and mold-makers will benefit from substantial improvements in terms of productivity and cost-efficiency.This happens thanks to the excellent thermal conductivity which permits a rapid thermal exchange and a shortened cooling time of melted plastics and mold. Moreover, moulds and inserts have a longer service life because of the highly wear resistance of these alloys.
For the above applications Metalminotti suggests the following alloys:
- “MZ” alloys( Metalminotti Alu-Bronzes): for inserts subject to wear and requiring a medium thermal exchange
- CuBe1 , Alloy 205: die-cooling parts
- CuBe2: nozzles for air-blowers
- Cu: electrodes for electric-corrosion
- the innovative 206 alloy, Beryllium free RWMA CL VI, keeps the same excellent properties of Copper Beryllium alloys in terms of thermal conductivity, dimensional stability, resistance to corrosion, hardness and non-magnetism but has the advantage of being eco-friendly.
Metalminotti copper alloys are used for:
- Cores, Core pins
- Cavity inserts
- Ejector pins
- Wear plates