CuBe1, CuBe2 or their alternative alloys 205 and 206( Beryllium free RWMA Class IV) find wide applications in the fabrication of parts and tools for plastics, i.e. moulds for plastic injection, sliding parts and cooling inserts. Oustanding performances come from the employ of Metalminotti alloys: a better productivity due to the shortened cooling time of molds and other injection equipment. This happens thanks to the excellent thermal conductivity which permits a rapid thermal exchange. Moreover, moulds and inserts have a longer service life because of the highly wear resistance of these alloys.
For the above applications Metalminotti suggests the following alloys:
- “MZ” alloys( Metalminotti Alu-Bronzes): for inserts subject to wear and requiring a medium thermal exchange
- CuBe1 , Alloy 205: die-cooling parts
- CuBe2: nozzles for air-blowers
- Cu: electrodes for electric-corrosion
- the innovative 206 alloy, Beryllium free RWMA CL VI, keeps the same excellent properties of Copper Beryllium alloys in terms of thermal conductivity, dimensional stability, resistance to corrosion, hardness and non-magnetism but has the advantage of being eco-friendly.